Friday, July 19, 2013

Graduation Cards

I graduated recently and two days before the ceremony, I decided to make graduation cards for some of my close friends. Here's a rough guide to how I did it:


ONE //  I started by misting white cardstock with various colours of mist, and decided on using only gold and pink. On some cards I sprayed the mist directly from the bottle, and on others I unscrewed the cap and dripped it onto the cardstock. The different ways of misting gave my cards some variation so they wouldn't all look the same.

TWO //  Then, I cut out the words using my silhouette, and painted them with Distress Paint (really really love this!).

THREE //  Once everything was dry, I glued the die cuts using a glue pen, my go-to adhesive for small die cuts like this. Then I embellished with enamel dots which I am currently crazy about, and decorated the card with a hand drawn border, as inspired by Maggie Holmes here.

The silhouette is a really awesome tool if you ever find yourself having to make many cards in a short time! I have a tendency to be too lazy to use it, but I really shouldn't. Hope this inspires you to bring your silhouette out and get it cutting again! :)

I'm happy to answer any questions about products, techniques etc, just leave them in the comment box :) Have a good week ahead everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment